Get to know a little bit about one of our current students at the McCarty Student Center, Rebekah O’Banon!
- What is your major? Why did you choose that major? My major is History and my minor is Family & Consumer Sciences. I chose my major because I’ve always been fascinated with historical figures, places, and artifacts. I love visiting museums and watching history-based movies, and I think it’s so intriguing to learn about what life was like in the past.
- What do you want to do after college? After college, I want to get married and have a family. I’m not sure yet what I want to do as a career, but I’d love to work in the public history field (artifacts, historic sites, museums, etc.).
- What are your favorite TV shows to watch right now? I like watching all of the Marvel shows, and I just started watching Gilmore Girls and love it so far. I’ll always be up for rewatching ‘80s shows like Full House, The A-Team, and MacGyver.
- If your life was a movie, who would play you? If I was alive in the 1950s, I’d love to be played by Grace Kelly. As far as modern actresses, it would probably be McKenna Grace (she’s played the young blonde girl in a lot of movies).
- If you could go back in time, what would you tell your former self 5 years ago? I would tell my former self that even though life is full of constant changes, there’s always a way to make the best out of your situation. Positive growth can come from difficult times.
- Tell us about somebody you met at the University Church of Christ. I’ve met so many people at the University Church of Christ over the years that have encouraged and guided me. One of those people is Lacey Summers. She’s become like a big sister to me and I’m so thankful that I met her.
- What is your favorite memory so far at the McCarty Student Center? My favorite McCarty memory so far is going on the mission trip to Jamaica. I learned so much about evangelism and also got to know so many wonderful Christians while I was there.
- How has our campus ministry prepared you for the next phase of your life? Being part of McCarty has shown me how great of a blessing it is to have a Christian family. The church at University and the Bobcats for Christ have been a constant source of encouragement for me during my time in college, and I’m very grateful for that. I’ve made great friends and learned a lot about leadership and Bible study through being involved at the McCarty Student Center.
Follow this link for the next student spotlight: Cadi!