Get to know a little bit about one of our current students at the McCarty Student Center, Cadi Powers!
- What is your major? Why did you choose that major? I’m a Communication Studies and Education double major. I’m pretty sure I want to work in the school system in speech and debate, but it’s a broad enough degree that if I change my mind I could still reasonably do something else.
- What do you want to do after college? I’ll go to grad school and then work either as a coach at a high school or for an education agency for the state. Hopefully, someday I’ll be a wife and a mom!
- What are you favorite TV shows to watch right now? I’ve loved Gilmore Girls for a while, and Chloe Overman recently got me hooked on The Summer I Turned Pretty.
- If your life was a movie, who would play you? I’m going to say Emma Watson, because I’m a big fan and I know from Little Women that she can do an American accent.
- If you could go back in time, what would your tell your former self 5 years ago? Probably just to calm down, and it’s okay to not have every detail of your life planned out (both of which I still need to work on now).
- Tell us about somebody you met at the University Church of Christ. My best friend Megan Epley! I met Megan at the beginning of my freshman year when Josh randomly gave me her number, and we’ve been pretty much inseparable ever since.
- What is your favorite memory so far at the McCarty Student Center? My birthday this year was on a Wednesday, and the college group surprised me after services and we all went to get froyo! It was a lot of fun playing games and catching up.
- How has our campus ministry prepared you for the next phase of your life? I have learned how to be more confident in my knowledge of my faith even when I’m not in a group setting. Everyone at McCarty and University is encouraging and helps me to be more self-reliant.