Get to know a little bit about one of our current students at the McCarty Student Center, Luke Perkins!
- What is your major? Why did you choose that major? M.M. in Music (Composition Concentration). I chose that major because I wanted to improve my compositional skills with the goal of writing choral music and/or instrumental works to be published and performed.
- What do you want to do after college? My short-term goal is to find employment as a Choir Director, but a long-term goal that I am considering is getting my doctorate and teaching at the university level.
- What are your favorite TV shows to watch right now? The Rookie, Loki, and My Hero Academia
- If your life was a movie, who would play you? Freddie Highmore
- If you could go back in time, what would you tell your former self 5 years ago? Don’t let worry and fear control you. Fret not. Everything happens for a reason. God will answer your prayers. Do the best you can, and that is enough.
- Tell us about somebody you met at the University Church of Christ. This school year I became friends with Dustin Boyd, a fellow student at Texas State, who is pursuing a career in the field of agriculture. He likes breakfast for dinner, baseball caps, and is rarely seen without cowboy boots.
- What is your favorite memory so far at the McCarty Student Center? Playing Mario Kart with friends
- How has our campus ministry prepared you for the next phase of your life? The spiritual lessons I have learned, the opportunities for fellowship with other Christians, and the bonds of friendship and brotherhood formed while involved in the ministry have positively impacted my life and helped me grow as a person.